- Treated prior to shipping
- Accompanied by a certification of efficacy outlining the treatment completed
- Subject to on-arrival inspection as determined by the department.
Mandatory treatments must be applied to:
- All break bulk vehicles (including boats), machinery, and automotive parts within 72 hours prior to loading
- Containerised shipments of vehicles (including boats), machinery, automotive parts, and tyres within 21 days prior to shipment providing containers are immediately sealed and arrive in Australia “seals intact”.
Acceptable methods of pre-shipment treatments include:
- Heat (60°C/140°F) for 30 minutes in the coldest location of the cargo
- Methyl bromide (32g/m3@21-25°C for 24 hours, 40g/m3@16-20°C for 24 hours or 48g/m3@11-15°C for 24 hours)
- Sulfuryl fluoride (32g/m3@21-25°C for 24 hours, 40g/m3@16-20°C for 24 hours)
- Other pre-shipment treatments or management arrangements approved by the department.
Further information is available in the Biosecurity in Australia Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs Frequently Asked Questions.
Any affected cargo handled by Aurora’s forwarding department will comply with these requirements prior to shipping. If you are buying CIF or unsure whether your cargo is affected, please contact our office immediately.
Clients will be updated directly if and when the Department of Agriculture no longer deem this pest a threat, and/or the current measures are superseded or made obsolete.
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, please contact our office to discuss further.
Aurora Global Logistics